2. Cape Hatteras National Seashore: I've always wanted to camp at the beach and haven't been to Cape Hatteras before to see the famous lighthouse pictured on my Drivers license. With family just south of the Outer Banks in Morehead City, NC this is completely doable!
3. Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area: we really wanted to check this park out on our way home from our big Roadtrip last summer, but weren't able to due to severe storm damage. The park is aptly named for land...between 2 lakes...along the Western Tennessee/ Kentucky border. Lots of water activities!
4. Western NC: We hike a lot near Asheville, but rarely go much further west for a day trip. This year we want to do some overnight hiking or camping trips west of Asheville.
6. Natural Arch in Capri, Italy: We'd like to see the Amalfi Coast and take a short trip to Capri. This hike looks absolutely incredible.
7. Mount Vesuvius, Italy: I mean...it's a volcano. Do I really need another explanation?
8. El Yunque National Forest, Puerto Rico: I've been here before but I'd love to go back and do more hiking. And yes...I know it's not technically international since Puerto Rico is a US Territory.
9. Zion National Park
10. Bryce Canyon NationalPark
11. Arches National Park
12. Grand Staircase Escalante
13. CanyonLands National Park
14. Cuyahoga Valley National Park: Growing up in the Ohio Valley of Western Pennsylvania there was not shortage of trails and outdoor activities. This is definitely a National Park on this year's list when I back home to visit family since it's not too far away!
15. Falling Water: Not a park, but still lots to see in the area. Frank Lloyd Wright is one of my design heroes so this is a must see for me.
16. West Virginia State Forests: particularly those around Pocohantas County where my mom's family is from.